We’ve chattered about this 3-bedroom at 919 W. Wisconin in Lincoln Park several times over the last few years.
Our last chatter was almost a year ago, in March 2011. Read it here.
The property hasn’t been reduced since then. But, if you’ll recall, several lis pendens foreclosures were filed on the property in 2010.
Remember, the average time for the bank to take possession in Cook County is about 18 months.
This property has a unique outdoor space with multiple decks, a green house and gardens totaling 1144 square feet.
It also has 3356 square feet of living space on two levels, including a lower level recreation room.
The kitchen has stainless steel appliances. There are atill no pictures of the bathrooms in the listing.
Built on a 25×73 lot, the property has windows on 3 sides, central air and 1-car garage parking with a parking pad for a second car.
There are listings like this one (i.e. properties on the market for 4 or 5 years) in neighborhoods all over the city.
Is this just another example of all that is wrong (or right- depending on your point of view) in the Chicago real estate market?
Jennifer Ames at Coldwell Banker still has the listing. See the pictures and a floor plan here.
919 W. Wisconsin: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 3356 square feet, 1 car garage
- I couldn’t find a prior sales price but looks like it sold before 1989
- Originally listed in October 2007 for $1.25 million
- Reduced several times
- Was listed in December 2008 at $999,970
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in July 2009
- Was listed in December 2009 at $935,000
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in May 2010
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in June 2010
- Currentlystill listed at $900,000
- Assessment of $182 a month
- Taxes of $3808
- Central Air
- Multiple decks – including a walkway that leads over the walled in garden
- Bedroom #1: 11×18 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 11×12 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 10×12 (second floor)
- Family room: 18×15 (lower level)