We’ve chattered about this 112-year old mansion at 2100 W. Pratt Boulevard in West Ridge several times over the last few years.
Our last chatter was in July 2012 after the bank took control of the property.
See that chatter here.
But there’s good news!
After originally being listed in January 2011 for $2.45 million and being reduced all the way down to $749,900, it has gone under contract.
No wonder you’ve been so quiet lately. Why didn’t you tell us about the big purchase?
If you recall, the house was built in 1900. The earlier listings said it was a summer home and took 4 years to complete.
The 5-bedroom home has hardwood floors throughout and 5 fireplaces.
Built on an oversize 187×150 lot, there is a 3-car garage which the prior listing said was also the original chauffeur’s quarters.
20 years ago an indoor pool was also added to the house (you can check it out in the pictures- it has now been drained.)
The kitchen has white cabinets, black counter tops but the appliances are now missing.
There is central air.
The house sits across from Warren Park’s golf course.
Is this an indication that if you price a property “right” you can make a quick sale?
Or was this house, with that big lot, just too good to pass up?
Richard Babula at Century 21 Rainbo Realty has the listing. See the latest pictures here.
2100 W. Pratt Boulevard: 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3 half baths, 12,000 square feet (new listing says 8865 square feet- so maybe it is excluding the chauffeur’s apartment), 3 car garage
- Last sold in 1900
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in October 2010
- Originally listed in January 2011 for $2.45 million
- Was still listed in March 2011 for $2.45 million
- Was listed in June 2011 at $1.89 million
- Reduced several times
- Was listed in January 2012 at $1.29 million
- Was listed in April 2012 at $848,000
- Was re-listed as “bank owned” in July 2012 at $749,900
- Under contract
- Taxes now $16036 (they were $14,225 previously)
- Central Air
- Indoor Pool
- 5 fireplaces
- Bedroom #1: 20×26 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 15×15 (main floor)
- Bedroom #3: 14×12 (main floor)
- Bedroom #4: 20×19 (second floor)
- Bedroom #5: 17×10 (second floor)