If this building at 353 W. Dickens in East Lincoln Park looks familiar, it’s because we chattered about the building in November 2012.
See our prior chatter here.
Back in November, it was a top floor unit with a “crow’s nest” which had a private roof top deck but few renovations. It was listed at $499,000 but was withdrawn from the market in February of this year.
It’s sister unit, #4W, just came on the market but it has a renovated interior.
The exposed brick has been painted white but it still has the 18 foot ceilings and turret.
It has custom moldings and wainscotting along with 2 wood burning fireplaces.
The listing calls the kitchen “gourmet.” It has white cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
This unit also has a private roof top deck, central air and in-unit washer/dryer.
But it doesn’t have parking. That is rental in the neighborhood.
It has been on and off the market since February 2011. It appears to have been rented in February 2012 for $3000 a month.
The unit is now listed $81,000 under the 2009 price.
Is it priced to sell?
Sam Shaffer at Chicago Properties has the listing. See the pictures here.
Or see it in person at the Open House on Sunday March 10 from 1- 3 PM.
Unit #4W: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1800 square feet
- Sold in July 1991 for $245,000
- Sold in July 2004 for $645,000
- Sold in May 2009 for $580,000
- Originally listed in February 2011 (I couldn’t find the list price)
- Was listed in July 2011 for $569,900
- Rented for $3000 a month in February 2012
- Currently listed for $499,000
- Assessments of $215 a month
- Taxes of $8284
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- No parking- rental in the neighborhood only
- Private roof deck
- Bedroom #1: 15×14
- Bedroom #2: 20×12