2 Years Later This Unique 4-Bedroom Vintage Triplex is Back on the Market: 21 E. Goethe in the Gold Coast
We last chattered about this 4-bedroom triplex in the vintage row house at 21 E. Goethe in the Gold Coast in March 2011.
See our prior chatter here.
If you recall, it has a unique layout that many of you thought back in 2011 would take a special buyer.
3 out of the 4 bedrooms appear to be on different floors, with the master on the second, one bedroom on the main and 2 in the lower level.
3 out of the 4 have ensuite bathrooms.
The kitchen and the dining room are also located in the lower level (with the living room on the main level.)
Not much of the vintage interior remains.
There are 2 wood burning fireplaces, however, including one in the master bedroom.
The kitchen has white cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
The unit also has a sunroom overlooking the garden.
The condo has central air, in-unit washer/dryer and a rare 2 outdoor parking spaces (that one of you said in 2011 meant a $100,000 premium since parking is so hard to come by in this neighborhood.)
If you recall, this is also the Ogden school district.
It sold for $799,000 in July 2011 and is now listed at $919,000.
Will it get the $120,000 premium just 2 years later?
It’s also for rent for $5500 a month.
Suzanne Gignilliat at Coldwell Banker has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #B: 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3027 square feet (square footage was 2625 sq ft in 2011), 2 car outdoor parking included
- Sold in October 1991 for $244,000
- Sold in August 1993 for $277,000
- Sold in August 1995 for $252,000
- Sold in May 1997 for $285,000
- Sold in January 2006 for $535,000
- Was listed in March 2011 for $849,000
- Sold in July 2011 for $799,000
- Currently listed for $919,000
- OR you can rent it for $5500 a month
- Assessments still $744 a month (the association has 5 units)- includes water
- Taxes are now $13466 (they were $12663 in March 2011)
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the Unit
- 2 wood burning fireplaces
- Bedroom #1: 22×19 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 15×17 (main level)
- Bedroom #3: 10×19 (lower level)
- Bedroom #4: 15×17 (lower level)
- Living room: 23×15 (main level)
- Kitchen: 14×9 (lower level)
- Dining room: 15×13 (lower level)
- Sunroom: 15×5 (main level)