This 2-bedroom single family home at 1808 W. Diversey Parkway in Lakeview has been mentioned several times in the comments but we’ve never actually chattered about it.
It is bank owned.
Built in 1996, it is located in the gated community next to the railroad tracks north of Diversey, but this house appears to NOT be on the railroad track side of the development.
However, unlike a traditional Chicago single family home, it doesn’t seem to have any backyard.
From the listing pictures, the kitchen appears to be intact with maple cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
It also appears the bathrooms are intact but there seems to be 2.5 baths instead of just 2 as the listing indicates.
The two bedrooms are on the second floor but in the listing pictures there is a mysterious third room with only a concrete floor. Could this be a first floor den/family room of some kind?
The 1959 square foot house has a rooftop deck, central air and a rare attached 2 car garage.
The house was originally listed for $450,000 in March 2013.
It has been reduced several times and is now listed at $379,900.
How low will this go?
Is this the deal of the year?
Saul Zenkevicius at Goodwill Realty Group has the listing. See the pictures here.
1808 W. Diversey Parkway: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1959 square feet, 2 car garage
- Sold in June 1997 for $295,500
- Sold in June 2002 for $431,500
- Sold in October 2006 for $528,500
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in December 2010
- Bank owned in September 2012
- Originally listed in March 2013 for $450,000
- Reduced several times
- Currently listed at $379,900
- Assessments of $160 a month (includes snow removal)
- Taxes of $8677
- Listing says “60 day deed restriction”
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 14×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 12×12 (second floor)