This 5-bedroom duplex down in the historic 1210 N. Astor in the Gold Coast just came on the market.
Built in 1897 and designed by Holabird & Roche, this south and east facing first floor unit has all of the vintage features you would expect from this era.
The unit still has the original hardwood floors, pocket doors and plaster moldings along with 10.5′ ceilings.
There are 5 fireplaces, 4 of them on the main level and 1 in the lower level.
3 of the 5 bedrooms, including the master bedroom, are on the main floor. There is also a massive 12×8 “dressing area” off the master bedroom. What do you think this room was originally supposed to be in 1897?
The kitchen has white cabinets and stainless steel appliances with what looks to be granite counter tops. There is also a nearby butler’s pantry.
It has central air and in-unit washer/dryer.
One listing I saw said it has parking but I don’t think this building, with just 14 units, has any deeded parking.
Is this a deal for this space?
Beth Wexner at @Properties has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #1A: 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, no square footage listed, duplex down
- Sold in March 1999 for $525,000
- Sold in June 2004 for $978,000
- Was listed in 2010-2011 but withdrawn
- Currently listed for $999,000
- Assessments of $2646 a month (includes heat, water)
- Taxes of $18402
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- 5 fireplaces
- Parking (or not???)
- Bedroom #1: 13×18 (main floor)
- Bedroom #2: 15×15 (main floor)
- Bedroom #3: 13×9 (main floor)
- Bedroom #4: 9×10 (lower level)
- Bedroom #5: 12×11 (lower level)
- Family room: 15×16 (lower level)