We last chattered about this completely customized 1-bedroom in 21 W. Chestnut in the Gold Coast in October 2013.
See our prior chatter here.
If you recall, it had extensive built-ins in both the living room/kitchen and the bedroom which created a ton of extra storage space.
This unit was also remodeled with luxury finishes.
It had 6-inch hand-scrapped white oak floors.
There was Lagamorph custom white cabinetry.
The kitchen had luxury appliances such as Miele and Viking.
There was also Ann Sacks tile and marble.
The unit had all the features buyers look for including central air, in-unit washer/dryer and parking was available for $35,000 extra.
However, the property still recently sold for $390,000 which was $25,000 under the 2006 purchase price.
Does it pay to remodel condos with luxury finishes in this market?
Deborah Hess at Conlon had the listing. You can see one of the interior pictures here. (Or if you have a Redfin account, sign on there.)
Unit #1704: 1 bedroom, 1.5 baths, 878 square feet
- Sold in September 1999 for $216,000
- Sold in November 2000 for $305,000
- Sold in August 2001 for $285,000
- Sold in August 2006 for $415,000 (included the parking)
- Was listed in October 2013 for $375,000 (parking is $35,000 extra)
- Sold in December 2013 for $390,000 (included the parking)
- Assessments of $584 a month (includes heat, a/c, doorman, cable)
- Taxes of $4691
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom: 17×12
- Foyer: 6×5