This 3-bedroom townhouse at 55 E. Erie in River North was on the market for a few months in 2015 and then recently came back on in January 2016.
No, your eyes are not deceiving you.
It is a townhouse on the 12th floor of this building (as seen in the right on the picture above.)
It’s 4 stories and has its own private entrance, just like most townhouses at ground level.
The townhouse has both stairs and an interior elevator to each level.
The first floor is the living/dining/kitchen.
The master suite takes up the entire second floor with the other two bedrooms on the third floor.
The fourth floor has an indoor and outdoor kitchen along with a 1,000 square foot private rooftop deck which is landscaped and has a pergola.
The listing says the property has been “completely gutted.”
It has a custom kitchen with white cabinets and dark stone countertops with Subzero, Wolf and Miele appliances.
There’s also a wood paneled den with coffered ceiling.
2 parking spaces are included in the building’s garage and you get the benefit of the doorman and other high rise amenities.
Is this a nice compromise for someone who wants the levels of a single family home but with the security of a high rise?
Margaret Baczkowski at Jameson Sotheby’s has the listing. See the pictures here.
55 E. Erie SH-2: 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2 half baths, 4325 square feet
- Sold in September 2005 for $2 million (per Zillow)
- Originally listed in April 2015 for $3.195 million
- Withdrawn in November 2015
- Re-listed in January 2016 for $2.999 million
- Currently still listed at $2.999 million (includes 2-car parking in the building’s garage)
- Assessments of $2460 a month (includes heat, gas, doorman, cable, Internet, exterior maintenance, scavenger, exercise room)
- Taxes of $39,592
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer on the second floor
- Elevator (am assuming homeowner pays for maintenance of this)
- Bedroom #1: 15×19 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 15×15 (third floor)
- Bedroom #3: 24×16 (third floor)