This 3-bedroom at 2233 N. Bissell in the DePaul neighborhood of Lincoln Park came on the market in September 2016.
The building was constructed in 1890 and has 3 units on what the listing says is an extra wide lot.
It has many of its vintage features still intact including crown molding, molding around the doorways, a wood burning fireplace in the dining room with a wood fireplace mantle, a built-in hutch in the dining room and built-in bookcases.
One of the two bathrooms has a claw foot tub.
The kitchen has white cabinets and white appliances.
The unit has an in-unit washer/dryer and garage parking along with a back deck.
It doesn’t have central air but has window units instead.
The building is NOT on the El side of the street.
Originally listed for $525,000 last year, it was reduced under $500,000 and then went under contract.
It has come back on the market at $489,900.
Is this an opportunity to get into one of Lincoln Park’s most established neighborhoods without the million dollar price?
Michael Kennelly at Coldwell Banker has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #2: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, no square footage listed
- Sold in September 1993 for $285,000
- Sold in March 2002 for $450,000
- Sold in November 2004 for $514,000
- Sold in February 2013 for $415,000
- Originally listed in September 2016 for $525,000
- Under Contract at $499,900
- Back on the market- currently listed at $489,900
- Assessments of $500 a month (includes heat, scavenger)
- Taxes of $7605
- No central air- window units only
- In-unit washer/dryer
- Garage parking included
- Wood burning fireplace
- Bedroom #1: 14×19
- Bedroom #2: 12×9
- Bedroom #3: 10×10
- Living room: 16×12
- Dining room: 15×11
- Den: 14×12