This 2-bedroom penthouse in Case Study at 156 W. Superior in River North recently came on the market.
Some of you may remember this property because we chattered about it in 2013. You can see our chatter here.
If you recall, Case Study was designed by Miller Hulls in 2006 and has just 11 units.
This penthouse is a duplex with the living areas on the main floor and the private rooftop terrace on the upper floor.
It has a private keyed elevator and 3 outdoor spaces, including the 1200 square foot terrace.
The kitchen has Arclinea high gloss white cabinets, Gaggenau appliances and a 14-foot kitchen island.
Are those concrete floors throughout?
There is also an Elan G smart home system with central remote.
For those with cars, a rare 2-car garage is included in the price.
In 2013, Case Study was in its own little world with an old motel across the street and empty parking lots nearby. But in 2017, there is new construction everywhere.
The old motel is gone and has been replaced by a high rise apartment building directly south of this unit and its rooftop deck. See the picture below.
In 2013, this unit went under contract in just 3 months.
Will the change in views be an impediment to the sale this time around or will city dwellers shrug and go with the flow?
Brooke Venderbok at @Properties has the listing. See the pictures here– with plenty of pictures of the rooftop terrace and views.
Unit #PH: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3000 square feet, duplex, 2 car garage
- Sold in August 2006 for $1.635 million
- Sold in November 2013 for $2.4 million
- Currently listed for $2.495 million
- Assessments now $910 a month (they were $639 a month in 2013) includes exterior maintenance and snow removal
- Taxes are now $29,927 (they were $21607 in 2013)
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Private rooftop deck that is 1200 square feet
- Bedroom #1: 21×13 (main level)
- Bedroom #2: 19×13 (main level)
- Gallery: 26×5