Portage Park is famous for its “bungalow belt” of historic bungalows built in the 1920s and 1930s such as this 6-bedroom brick bungalow at 5416 W. Berenice.
Currently listed as a “short sale” the price was just reduced by $50,000 and it’s now listed just under $300,000.
It has all the bells and whistles that home buyers look for including central air and a 2-car garage.
The home has 6 bedrooms, with 2 on the second floor, 2 on the main floor and 2 in the basement.
There are hardwood floors throughout the first and second level and ceramic tile in the basement. It also has retained some of its vintage charm with crown molding and built-ins on the main floor.
The kitchen has newer cabinets and stainless steel appliances.
The listing describes the baths as “spa-like.”
You even get a slightly bigger than standard lot with this home of 30×125.
Is this a deal?
Maribel Selva at Coldwell Banker has the listing. See the pictures here.
If you want to see it in person, there is an Open House this Sunday, July 11, from 12-2 PM.
- Sold in May 1991 for $125,000
- Sold in November 2002 for $335,000
- Sold in August 2004 for $350,000
- Sold in July 2008 for $370,000
- Originally listed in February 2010 for $358,900
- Currently listed as a “short sale” for $298,900
- Taxes of $4516
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 16×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 12×10 (main floor)
- Bedroom #3: 11×10 (main floor)
- Bedroom #4: 13×9 (second floor)
- Bedroom #5: 11×10 (basement)
- Bedroom #6: 13×10 (basement)
- Family room: 15×10 (basement)