This 7-bedroom jumbo brick bungalow at 2902 N. Newcastle in Montclare recently came on the market for about 50% less than the 2006 purchase price.
It is a bank owned home.
Yes- it really has 7 bedrooms:
3 on the main level, 2 on the second level and 2 in the basement (which the listing agent doesn’t technically “count”- as it’s listed as a 5-bedroom home.)
The listing says it has been updated from top to bottom.
Built in 1925, there are hardwood floors throughout the main level, original woodwork and a fireplace.
The kitchen has white cabinets and granite counter tops but I can’t tell if there are any appliances.
There is central air and a 2-car garage on a standard 25×125 lot.
Is this a deal?
Anton Mitev at New Century Real Estate Investment has the listing. See the pictures here.
2902 N. Newcastle: 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 2 car garage
- Sold in September 2003 for $327,000
- Sold in July 2006 for $432,000
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed on January 2009
- Bank owned in April 2010
- Currently listed for $219,000
- Taxes of $5413
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 16×15 (main level)
- Bedroom #2: 12×10 (main level)
- Bedroom #3: 11×10 (main level)
- Bedroom #4: 16×15 (second floor)
- Bedroom #5: 10×10 (second floor)
- Bedroom #6: 12×10 (basement)
- Bedroom #7: 10×10 (basement)