This 1-bedroom at 73 E. Elm in the Gold Coast most recently came on the market in December 2014 but it has been on and off the market since 2012.
At 1200 square feet, it has just about the same square footage as the large east facing 1-bedroom units in the new construction 2550 Lincoln Park.
This unit, however, has a dining room, that many owners, like this one, convert into a family room/media room. The new construction unit does not.
It has many of its original features including original rope moldings and a barrel vaulted entry.
The kitchen has white cabinets, black granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances but it is not open to the rest of the unit. It is galley style with a window for natural light.
The one bathroom is slate and appears to only have a big walk-in shower, but no tub.
This unit has central air but no washer/dryer in the unit. There is a building laundry room. It also doesn’t have parking.
Are you a fan of this older style of apartment layout, with the kitchen not the main focal point of the apartment?
Or is this layout a relic of a different era?
Victoria Amoroso at Baird & Warner has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #8D: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1200 square feet
- Sold in September 1989 for $149,000
- Sold in July 2004 for $320,000
- Originally listed in June 2012
- On and off the market from 2012-2014
- Re-listed in December 2014 for $354,999
- Reduced several times
- Currently listed at $309,000
- Assessments of $1108 a month (includes heat, water, cable, internet, doorman, snow removal, exterior maintenance)
- Taxes of $5243
- Central Air
- No washer/dryer in the unit
- No parking
- Bedroom: 15×12
- Living room: 13×23
- Dining room/family room: 17×12
- Kitchen: 15×7
- Gallery: 12×5
- Walk-in closet: 6×6