This 5-bedroom Victorian Italianate single family home at 3945 N. Tripp in Old Irving Park came on the market in May 2014.
But it may look familiar to many of you. It has been on and off the market since August 2007.
We last chattered about it in June 2011. You can see that chatter here.
Built for Stephen Race, one of the members of the founding family of Irving Park, the house was designated a Chicago landmark in 1988.
According to Wikipedia, the house originally cost $12,000 to build in 1873.
It has been fully renovated and now has a chef’s kitchen with double oven, stainless steel appliances, a farmhouse sink and custom white cabinets.
It has also retained many of its original features including arched doorways, thick moldings, pocket doors, stained glass windows and 4 fireplaces.
There is a full english basement and a 3000 bottle wine cellar.
It has a large master bath with custom walk in shower.
There are also numerous skylights.
Built on a 50×75 lot, it has central air and 2-car parking on a side driveway.
Back in 2011, it was pulled from the market while listed at $779,000.
But that was a completely different housing market.
It returned to the market in May 2014 at $839,000.
It has since been reduced to $799,000.
Old Irving Park is considered to be one of the hottest neighborhoods in the city. There is little on the market below $1 million (or above it, for that matter.)
Will the Race House finally sell in 2014?
Heather Lange at @Properties has the listing once again. See the pictures here.
3945 N. Tripp: 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2 half baths, 5800 square feet, 2 car parking
- Sold in November 1997 for $285,000
- Sold in January 2002 for $639,500
- Originally listed in August 2007
- Was listed in January 2009 for $1.199 million
- Was listed in October 2010 for $947,000
- Was listed in June 2011 at $799,000
- Reduced to $779,000
- Withdrawn in September 2011
- Re-listed in May 2014 for $839,000
- Currently listed at $799,000
- Taxes now $9371 (they were $3881 in June 2011)
- Central Air
- 4 fireplaces
- Bedroom #1: 30×18 (third floor)
- Bedroom #2: 16×15 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 17×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #4: 17×10 (second floor)
- Bedroom #5: 13×11 (second floor)
- Library: 22×12 (main floor)