This 2-bedroom penthouse loft in the Filmworks Lofts at 1322 S. Wabash in the South Loop recently came on the market.
It is an authentic loft with exposed brick and ductwork and concrete ceilings.
There are two 12×12 north facing windows with views of the city and a unique vaulted ceiling with what looks like decorative exposed wood beams.
At 2136 square feet, it has a family room with a double sided gas fireplace.
It doesn’t appear that either bedroom has windows. The master suite has a 12×6 walk-in closet.
The kitchen has dark cabinets, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and a stone tile backsplash.
There’s also a 45×5 balcony along with central air and washer/dryer in the unit.
I can’t tell if parking is included or not. (???)
This loft was sold by the bank in 2010 and, from the pictures, looked to be in pretty bad shape.
But it’s listed at nearly the 2006 high.
Will they get the price?
Jeffrey Stewart at @Properties has the listing. See the pictures here.
Or go to the Open Houses on Sat July 9 from 1:30 to 3:00 or Sun July 10 from 11:00-12:30.
Unit #PH6: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2136 square feet
- Sold in December 2002 for $465,000
- Sold in June 2004 for $520,000
- Sold in September 2006 for $599,000
- Lis pendens filed in November 2008
- Bank owned in March 2010
- Sold in November 2010 for $225,000
- Currently listed for $575,000
- Assessments of $764 a month (includes cable, exercise room, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger, snow removal)
- Taxes of $8758
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- No parking (???) None of the sales on the ccrd indicate a separate parking space but it may not be deeded. The listing doesn’t mention parking either.
- Bedroom #1: 16×13
- Bedroom #2: 12×11
- Living room: 22×20
- Family room: 21×16