This 3-bedroom duplex in 1100 N. Lake Shore Drive in the Gold Coast just came on the market.
Built in 1980, this doorman building has just 76 units.
There are people who dislike one floor living, which is common in most condos, but this duplex has split living with an open staircase in the middle of the condo.
The living room, dining room and kitchen are on the main floor, along with a half bath.
The second floor has the three bedrooms, including the master suite with a walk-in closet and master bathroom.
There are dark solid oak hardwood floors throughout.
The kitchen has contemporary white cabinets with black granite counter tops and Viking stainless steel appliances with a subway tile backsplash.
The unit faces south and west, so there is no view of the lake or Lake Shore Drive.
It has wall air conditioning/heating units and in-unit washer/dryer.
Parking is leased in the building for $230 a month per car and you can have multiple cars.
The listing says there are no current specials or planned unbudgeted projects. The building is 100% owner occupied.
This unit last sold a little over 2 years ago for just $502,000.
It is priced $187,900 higher at $689,900 but there are new kitchen appliances and the 2014 listing showed dark blue carpet in the bedrooms.
To check that out, and what other changes were made, see the 2014 listing pictures here.
Will it get the premium in this hot market?
Steven Johnson at Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #7C: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2160 square feet, duplex
- Sold in June 1992 for $292,000
- Sold in October 2002 for $664,500
- Sold in April 2014 for $502,000
- Currently listed for $689,900
- Assessments of $1371 a month (includes doorman, cable, Internet, exercise room, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger, snow removal)
- Taxes of $8450
- No central air- wall units
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Parking is leased in the building for $230 a month per car
- Bedroom #1: 18×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 12×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 18×13 (second floor)