This 4-bedroom townhouse at the Prairie Town Houses at 1438 S. Federal in the South Loop came on the market in September 2015.
This is one of only 8 corner L-shaped units in this complex. I’m not sure if the picture above is of this exact unit, but it’s a corner unit and they look alike.
Built in 1989, its on a 38×37 lot.
At 3400 square feet, it has more square footage than most single family homes.
The listing says it has been rehabbed recently and now has Trex flooring on the rooftop deck/porch, new HVAC and the kitchen has Viking appliances.
There are also custom cherry built-ins.
Three of the bedrooms are on the third floor with the fourth on the fourth level. The listing says the first floor garden suite could be converted into a fifth bedroom.
The townhouse also has a rare 2-car garage along with 2 more parking spaces on the parking pad for 4-car parking.
Originally listed at $1.345 million, it has been reduced $153,000.
4-bedroom properties are in high demand in the South Loop, and all over the Green Zone.
Why isn’t this one selling?
Thomas Bezanes at Jameson Sotheby’s has the listing. See the pictures here.
1438 S. Federal: 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 3400 square feet
- There’s no original sales price listed in the public record. It has been the same owner since 1990.
- Originally listed in September 2015 for $1.345 million
- Currently listed at $1.192 million
- Assessments of $190 a month (includes exterior maintenance, scavenger, snow removal)
- Taxes of $12324
- Central Air
- 2-car attached garage and 2-car parking on parking pad
- Bedroom #1: 25×14 (third floor)
- Bedroom #2: 14×11 (third floor)
- Bedroom #3: 13×11 (third floor)
- Bedroom #4: 19×11 (fourth floor)
- Deck: 34×14 (fourth floor)