This 2-bedroom vintage co-op in the Cornelia Apartments at 3500 N. Lake Shore Drive in East Lakeview just came on the market.
Built in 1926, at 17 stories, the Cornelia Apartments was designed with 2 and 3 bedroom floorplans, with most including at least one maid’s room.
There are 64 units. The building has no deeded parking, but there is rental parking available for $275 a month. Washer/dryers are allowed in the units.
This unit has south and west views.
It was renovated after its 2009 sale and now has an updated Snaidero kitchen with Viking, Miele and Subzero appliances.
It has the vintage features buyers look for including arched French doors, a fireplace, crown molding, a butler’s pantry, a gallery foyer and new wood floors.
The maid’s room has been opened up to the kitchen and now functions as a family room.
This unit also has space pak cooling.
If this unit looks familiar to some of you, that’s because it last sold just 9 months ago, in April 2015.
It was on the market just 16 days before going under contract in the hot 2015 spring market.
Will it have the same luck with a quick sale in 2016?
Sophia Worden at Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff has the listing. See the current pictures here.
Unit #4A: 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2500 square feet
- Sold in June 2009 for $270,000 (per Redfin)
- Originally listed in March 2015 for $629,000– under contract in 16 days
- Sold in April 2015 for $615,000 (per Redfin)
- Currently listed for $699,000
- Assessments of $1669 a month (includes heat, water, doorman, cable, exercise room, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger, snow removal)
- Taxes of $4116 (looks like they are separate from the assessment even though it’s a co-op)
- No parking- rental for $275 a month
- Space pak cooling
- Washer/dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 18×13
- Bedroom #2: 13×18
- Family room: 11×11
- Dining room: 15×18
- Gallery: 19×7