This custom built 8000 square foot mansion at 2216 W. Grace in the St. Ben’s neighborhood of North Center just came on the market.
It has 4 bedrooms, 9 baths, and 3 half baths on a 125×30 lot.
It appears that the 2.5-car garage is still being built.
There also doesn’t appear to be any outdoor space but the buyer can breathe in summertime air on the rooftop terrace which, according to the listing, boosts a kitchen, a fireplace, and a hot tub.
In case you were wondering, the listing makes clear this home is in the Bell School District.
Check out the pictures of the curved stair atrium and detailed millwork.
There is also a custom kitchen with white cabinets, stainless steel appliances including a SubZero refrigerator, and what looks to be marble counter tops.
In addition to the 4 bedrooms, the house also has an exercise room, an office, a theater room, a sitting room and a maid’s room.
There is also an elevator.
This home is amongst the top three most expensive houses for sale in North Center (interestingly, the realtor actually listed this house as being in Lakeview, which it is not.)
We have chattered about the other two expensive homes:
- 3540 N. Ravenswood, the mansion with the indoor pool and backyard basketball court, at $3.475 million– listed for 333 days- see the prior chatter here.
- 3909 N. Claremont, the contemporary new construction, at $2.6 million– listed for 252 days- see the prior chatter here.
What’s the market for this home in this neighborhood?
Charles Schnuda at Coldwell Banker has the listing. See the pictures and a virtual tour here.
2216 W. Grace: 4 bedrooms, 9 baths, 3 half baths, 2.5 car garage, 8000 square feet
- Sold as a multi-unit building in January 1999 for $550,000
- Sold as a multi-unit building in May 2007 for $1.02 million
- Currently listed for $2.995 million
- Taxes of $14,717
- Central Air
- 3 fireplaces
- Rooftop terrace with hot tub and kitchen
- Bedroom #1: 22×15 (fourth floor)
- Bedroom #2: 22×13 (third floor)
- Bedroom #3: 15×11 (third floor)
- Bedroom #4: 15×13 (third floor)
- Kitchen: 29×15 (second floor)
- Living room: 22×17 (second floor)
- Second kitchen: 8×5
- Office: 17×15 (fourth floor)
- Sitting room: 14×11 (fourth floor)
- Exercise room: 19×9 (main floor)
- Theater room: 25×11 (main floor)
- Maid’s room: 9×7 (main floor)