The Frances J. Dawes Mansion at 503 W. Wrightwood in Lincoln Park has been on the market since March 2011.
The French Provincial mansion was built in 1896 and is on an oversized 80×134 lot.
The listing says it has been restored to “perfection” by Botti Studio of Architectural Arts.
It is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Its vintage features include wood ceilings, stained glass and numerous fireplaces.
At $9.9 million its among the most expensive homes on the market in Chicago.
What kind of buyer will ultimately end up with this mansion?
And at what price?
Mary Bennett at Koenig & Strey Real Living has the listing. See the pictures here.
503 W. Wrightwood: 7 bedrooms, 7 baths, 2 half baths, 12000 square feet, 4 car garage
- Sold in March 1997 for $1.66 million
- Sold in April 2001 for $1.316 million
- Bank owned in August 2004 (???)
- Originally listed in March 2011 for $9.9 million
- Currently still listed at $9.9 million
- Taxes of $26,322
- Space pak central air
- Bedroom #1: 40×30 (third floor)
- Bedroom #2: 26×16 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 20×15 (second floor)
- Bedroom #4: 20×17 (second floor)
- Bedroom #5: 17×15 (second floor)
- Bedroom #6: 20×10 (lower level)
- Bedroom #7: 12×12 (third floor)