This 2-bedroom duplex loft at 540 N. Lake Shore Drive in Streeterville just came on the market.
If it looks familiar to some of you, that’s because we last chattered about it in September 2009. (The picture above is from the old 2009 listing.)
See our prior chatter, and more pictures, here.
Back then, it was listed for $399,900, or $120,000 under the 2004 price.
Four years ago, most of you couldn’t figure out the layout as there is a staircase in the living room that leads to the loft bedroom but there is also a spiral staircase in the bathroom.
This time there is a floorplan in the listing. The spiral staircase leads to the second bedroom.
For exposed brick lovers, it doesn’t get any better than this loft.
There are 4 soaring, two story walls of exposed brick in the living/dining area.
The kitchen is the same as in 2009 with cherry cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances including SubZero.
There is a washer/dryer in the unit and central air. Parking is rental in the building.
The unit also is one of only 3 in the building with private roof rights. The listing says there are architect plans to build a 700 square foot deck.
I can’t tell if this sold in 2009/2010. Redfin says it did for $399,900. The ccrd shows a warranty deed in 2010 with no price.
But either way, it’s listed for $100,000 more than the 2009 list price at $499,000.
Will this loft sell for close to its list?
And does anyone know someone who has actually BUILT the “architect plans available” roof top deck that some of these units promote?
Tim Vaughn at Streeterville Properties has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #710: 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, 1580 square feet
- Sold in March 1999 for $272,500
- Sold in February 2000 for $426,000
- Sold in October 2004 for $520,000
- Lis pendens filed in June 2009
- Was listed in September 2009 at $399,900
- Sold in March 2010 (?) for $399,900 (?) (price according to Redfin)
- Currently listed for $499,000
- Assessments are now $987 a month (they were $892 a month in 2009) (includes the heat, a/c, doorman, cable)
- Taxes are now $6302 (they were $6280 in 2009)
- Parking is rental in the building
- Central Air
- Washer/dryer in the unit
- Has roof rights
- Bedroom #1: 16×18 (main level)
- Bedroom #2: 16×9 (second floor)
- Loft/den: 17×10 (second floor)