This 3-bedroom single family home at 1738 W. Newport in Lakeview came on the market in early February 2014.
If it looks familiar, it’s because we chattered about it the last time it was on the market which was less than 2 years ago, in June 2012.
See our previous chatter on it here.
The new listing says it has had “extensive 2013 renovations” which included a new kitchen, hardwood floors, electric, closets, and carpet.
The kitchen now has dark cabinets, stainless steel appliances and stone counter tops with a tile backsplash.
The house has 2 bedrooms and a bath on the second level. The third bedroom is on the first level and the listing says it is being used as a den.
The basement is accessible only from the outside.
Built on an irregular Chicago lot measuring 30×115, the house is set back from the street so it has a large front yard but it does have a 1-car garage.
The house has central air.
It last sold in September 2012 for $447,500.
The house came back on the market last month at $595,000 but has been reduced several times and is now listed at $565,000.
With limited inventory, especially for single family homes in this price range, will this house sell for over $500,000?
Wayne Gurowsky at Prudential Rubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
1738 W. Newport: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, no square footage listed, 1 car garage
- Sold in November 1989 for $170,000
- Sold in September 1990 for $176,500
- Originally listed in April 2012 for $529,900
- Was listed in June 2012 for $519,900
- Sold in September 2012 for $447,500
- Originally listed in February 2014 for $595,000
- Currently listed at $565,000
- Taxes are $9093 (They were $7631 in 2012)
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 14×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 10×12 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 9×11 (main floor)- used as a den