This 4-bedroom single family home at 5801 N. Glenwood in Edgewater has been on the market since April 2013.
At least I think it’s a single family home. That’s how it is listed.
Built in 1918, it is on a 50×125 corner lot.
The property is 12,000 square feet on 2 levels.
The listing says it has 40 skylights.
It has a first floor garage and a restored freight elevator.
The highlight appears to be a floating staircase supported by 10,000 pounds of custom steel.
It has air conditioning.
Could this be rehabbed into one of the coolest houses ever?
Lina Jocis at Jameson Sotheby’s has the listing. See the pictures here.
5801 N. Glenwood: 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 12000 square feet
- Sold back in the 1990s
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in August 2011
- Lis pendens filed in May 2012
- Originally listed in April 2013 for $1.5 million
- Currently listed at $1.295 million
- Taxes of $9594
- Central Air
- Bedrooms are just listed at 10×10 each on the second floor