This 1-bedroom at 434 W. Aldine in East Lakeview just came on the market.
At 1000 square feet, it’s bigger than your average one bedroom.
It has south facing windows, hardwood floors and some of its vintage features including built-in bookcases and a fireplace.
The kitchen has white cabinets, “new” stainless steel appliances, and a tile backsplash.
There’s no washer/dryer in the unit or central air, but there is a rare, for this location, deeded private garage space.
At $279,900 and with low mortgage rates, is this a better deal than renting?
Ali Gursoy at Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #2F: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1000 square feet
- Sold in February 1997 for $160,000
- Sold in September 1998 for $169,000
- Sold in November 2000 for $196,000
- Sold in October 2003 for $233,000
- Listed at $279,900 (includes private garage parking)
- Assessments of $332 a month (includes heat, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger and snow removal)
- Taxes of $4361
- No central air- but there are window units
- No in-unit washer/dryer but there’s a laundry room in the building
- Bedroom: 14×14
- Living room: 26×13