We last chattered about this 3-bedroom Sears Roebuck home at 6721 W. Hurlbut in Old Norword Park in October 2010.
See our prior chatter here.
Back in 2010 it was listed at $674,900 and most of you thought it was overpriced.
If you recall, it was constructed in 1925 on an oversized lot measuring 45x150x50x150.
The prior listing said the house still had the original front porch.
In 2010 it was listed as a 4-bedroom but this time it’s a 3-bedroom with an office.
2 of the 3 bedrooms are on the main floor with the master bedroom set up as a second floor master suite. The office is on the first floor.
It has a finished basement with an adjacent weight room.
The house also has a first floor family room with cathedral ceilings.
The kitchen has cherry cabinets, black appliances and granite counter tops.
The house has space pak cooling and a wall air conditioning unit on the second floor. It also has a 1.5 car detached garage.
The house is located in one of the best elementary school districts in the city.
It has come back on the market $115,000 less than when we last chattered about it 3 years ago, at $559,900.
Is it finally priced to sell?
Marti Corcoran at Century 21 McMullen hast the listing. See the pictures here.
6721 W. Hurlbut: 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2131 square feet, 1.5 car garage
- Sold in January 1989 for $173,500
- Sold in January 1996 for $235,000
- Sold in April 1998 for $333,000
- Originally listed in April 2010
- Was listed in October 2010 for $674,900
- Re-listed in August 2013 for $559,900
- Currently still listed for $559,900
- Taxes of $6084 (they were $5890 in October 2010)
- Space pak but also wall air conditioning unit on the second level
- Bedroom #1: 22×18 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 13×12 (main floor)
- Bedroom #3: 12×11 (main floor)
- Office: 12×11 (main floor)
- Family room: 20×17 (main floor)