We’ve chattered about this 3-bedroom vintage row house at 474 W. Deming in East Lincoln Park several times over the past year.
If you recall, it has been on and off the market and finally came back “on” again in May with a new kitchen.
See our May 2013 chatter here.
Last year, when it was originally listed at $949,000, some of you thought that the two outdoor parking spaces were a detriment to a sale at that price.
But it was reduced to $924,500 and then withdrawn.
It came back on the market, however, listed higher at $999,000, but also with a “brand new” eat-in kitchen with Caesarstone counter tops.
To see the old configuration and pictures of the kitchen, look here.
The prior kitchen had white cabinets and a Viking stove but it didn’t have the kitchen island as it does now.
The rowhouse is just a block from Lincoln Park and also just steps away from the shops and restaurants on Clark.
Built in 1882 on a 20×74 lot, it had many of its vintage features such as stained glass, the original wood staircase and crown molding.
Yet it also had central air, a lower level family room and 2 parking spaces directly behind the row house.
All 3 bedrooms were on the second floor along with 2 baths.
The house had also been painted neutral colors on the interior this last time around, although it had not been staged.
It recently sold for $27,000 above the new higher list price.
Was it the kitchen that made the difference compared to last year or the hotter real estate market?
Jennifer Ames at Coldwell Banker had the listing. You can still see the pictures here.
474 W. Deming: 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, no square footage listed, 2 parking spaces behind the row house
- Sold in January 1993 for $266,000
- Sold in April 1995 for $307,500
- Sold in February 2001 for $640,000
- Was listed in July 2012 at $949,000
- Was listed in November 2012 at $924,500
- Withdrawn in February 2013
- Re-listed in May 2013 with new kitchen at $999,000
- Sold in July 2013 for $1,026,000
- Taxes of $14,922
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 18×17 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 19×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 12×11 (second floor)
- Family room: 30×19 (lower level)