This 2-bedroom at the Kinzie Park Tower at 501 N. Clinton in West Town came on the market in September 2016.
This building was constructed in 2000 and has 208 units.
It is part of Kinzie Station, which also has townhouses.
At the time this development was built, this was no-man’s land west of the river. Now, the city has boomed all around it.
The listing says it’s a “current renovation” with 3/4″ dark oak flooring in the living/dining areas.
The kitchen has white cabinets, quartz countertops and stainless steel appliances.
The unit has views of the Loop high rises.
It has the features buyers look for including central air, washer/dryer in the unit and parking is available for $35,000.
Originally listed at $625,000 in September (I’m not sure if that included the parking), it has come back on the market in 2017 for $595,000 plus $35,000 for parking. That means it’s now listed for $630,000, which is $5,000 more than in 2016.
At 1285 square feet, is $600,000+ for a 2/2 in a 17 year old high rise the new Green Zone reality?
Harold Blum at Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
Or you can go to the Open House on Sunday, January 22 from 12 to 3 PM.
Unit #1904: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1285 square feet
- Sold in March 2001 for $311,000 (no parking listed)
- Sold in May 2003 for $385,000 (included the parking)
- Sold in September 2009 for $435,000 (included the parking)
- Originally listed in September 2016 for $625,000 (not sure if it included the parking)
- Re-listed for $595,000 (plus $35,000 for parking) = $630,000
- Assessments of $802 a month (includes heat, a/c, doorman, internet, cable, exercise room, pool, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger and snow removal)
- Taxes aren’t listed
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 13×12
- Bedroom #2: 11×11
- Deck: 7×5