This penthouse unit in the Rowe Building at 714 S. Dearborn in Printers Row just came on the market.
I don’t have a picture of this building but you can see it in the picture above on the right of 720 S. Dearborn with the outdoor fire escape.
The Rowe Building was built in 1891 and has 9 units.
While it is the top floor unit, it looks, and acts, more like a single family home as it was built on top of the existing brick loft building.
The 2-story unit has east, west and north exposures.
It has 4 outdoor spaces including a 400 square foot terrace. The listing says the decking has been removed to replace the roof.
The kitchen has wood cabinets and stainless steel appliances.
It has a second floor family room.
This duplex has central air and an in-unit washer/dryer (you can see it in the bedroom closet picture.)
There’s no parking with this building but you can rent a space for $210 a month at 711 S. Plymouth or you can purchase a space at 801 S. Plymouth for between $35,000 to $70,000.
This unit hasn’t changed hands in 16 years.
Is this a once-in-a-generation chance to get this unique property?
Thomas Feddor at Dearborn Street Realty has the listing. See the pictures and 3D tour here.
Unit #9-PH: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2400 square feet, duplex
- Sold in June 1991 for $392,000
- Sold in October 2001 for $615,000
- Currently listed for $1.25 million
- Assessments of $950 a month (includes exterior maintenance, scavenger, snow removal)
- Taxes of $9500
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- No parking
- Can rent it nearby for $210 a month or buy at 801 S. Plymouth for $35,000 to $70,000
- Bedroom #1: 15×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 22×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 22×14 (main floor)
- Family room: 35×12