This 5-bedroom single family loft-like home at 1225 W. George in Lakeview came on the market in July 2016.
I believe this was an old warehouse as the 1997 seller was Culinary Foods Inc.
The listing says it was transformed into a single family home in 1999 by architect Larry Booth and has won architecture awards.
It is built on an irregular lot with 75 feet of frontage but measuring 75 x 102.4 x 87.99 x 56.4.
It has concrete beamed ceilings and concrete slab floors with radiant heat along with exposed brick walls.
The master suite has a private outdoor terrace and also looks into the 40 foot indoor lap pool.
The kitchen has luxury stainless steel appliances and seamless granite counter tops.
4 out of 5 bedrooms are on the second floor with the 5th bedroom actually a huge studio on the main level. The listing says it could be a playroom, a nanny’s room or a 5th bedroom. That studio also has a kitchenette.
It has a 2-car attached garage and air conditioning.
It listed at $3.995 million and has not done any reductions.
At this list price, it would make it one of the most expensive single family homes in this part of Lakeview.
Will they get the price?
Joanne Nemerovski at Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
1225 W. George: 5 bedrooms, 5.5 baths, 7400 square feet, 2 car garage
- Sold in July 1997 for $114,500
- Then renovated into a single family home in 1999
- Originally listed in July 2016 for $3.995 million
- Currently still listed for $3.995 million
- Taxes of $35,492
- Central Air
- Studio with a kitchenette
- Bedroom #1: 22×19 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 16×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 16×9 (second floor)
- Bedroom #4: 23×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #5 (studio): 30×22 (main floor)