This 3-bedroom in Mies Van Der Rohe’s Commonwealth Plaza at 340 W. Diversey Parkway in Lakeview has been on the market since June 2015.
The listing says it is a gut renovation from the architect owner with two units combined into one big corner unit.
The unit has south and west views.
Commonwealth Plaza is two buildings and was built in 1958. It has 357 units. Many have spectacular views of Lincoln Park and the city skyline.
Parking appears to be rented in the building.
This unit has a double living room measuring 43×18.
The kitchen and bathrooms have been renovated in the modern style.
It has wall air conditioning units and an in-unit washer/dryer.
If you want city and park views on the North Side, are these two buildings the #1 choice?
David Stone at Coldwell Banker has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #1515: 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1900 square feet
- One unit, #1517, sold in February 1989 for $130,000
- The second unit, #1515, sold in February 2000 for $160,000
- Originally listed in June 2015 for $795,000
- Currently still listed for $795,000
- Assessments of $1451 a month (includes heat, a/c, water, cable, doorman, pool, exercise room, exterior maintenance, snow removal)
- Taxes of $7391
- No central air- wall units instead
- In-unit washer/dryer
- Parking available for rent in the building?
- Bedroom #1: 15×12
- Bedroom #2: 11×15
- Bedroom #3: 11×12