This 950 square foot 1-bedroom loft in 540 N. Lake Shore Drive in Streeterville just came on the market.
It has the authentic loft features that loft lovers look for including exposed brick walls and 12-foot timber ceilings with south facing windows.
The kitchen has white cabinets and stainless steel appliances.
It has central air but there’s no in-unit washer/dryer or parking. There is laundry in the building and rental parking, however.
It’s a full amenity building with a doorman, exercise room and rooftop deck.
Chicago is one of the few remaining big American cities where you don’t have to be a millionaire to live in the city center.
At $259,000, is this loft a good starter condo for someone who really wants to live in Streeterville?
Michael Kelly at Dream Town has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #413: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 950 square feet
- Sold in June 1992 for $100,000
- Sold in December 1998 for $134,000
- Sold in March 2012 for $186,500
- Currently listed for $259,000
- Assessments of $460 a month (includes A/C, water, gas, cable, doorman, exercise room)
- Taxes of $3054
- Central Air
- Laundry in the building
- Rental parking available in the building
- Bedroom: 20×14