This 3-bedroom duplex up penthouse/townhouse at 600 N. Kingsbury in River North just came on the market.
It’s in the lower part of the building that is along the River and the park.
If this unit looks familiar it’s because we chattered about it in 2013.
See that chatter here (where HD wonders why this unit sells every 3 or 4 years…)
The living/dining and kitchen along with one bedroom are on the first floor with two other bedrooms on the second floor.
It has 2-story windows with views of the River.
The kitchen has white cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
The unit has central air, washer/dryer in the unit and it has a parking spot on the same level as the unit in the garage so there is no reason to use an elevator.
The listing says “aprox $150K in complete gut remodeling” but if you look at the pictures from the 2013 sale, the kitchen, baths and floors look the same.
In fact, it looks like some of the pictures in the current listing are actually pictures from the 2013 listing (as there was furniture in 2013.)
You can still see the 2013 listing pictures here.
At $935,000 including the parking, this unit is listed for $375,000 more than the 2013 sales price of $560,000.
The market is sizzling hot, but is it that hot?
Stella Tahrilova at Jameson Sotheby’s has the listing. See the current pictures here.
Unit #509: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2100 square feet, duplex up
- Sold in October 2002 for $666,000 (included one parking space)
- Sold in October 2006 for $647,500 (included 2 parking spaces)
- Sold in September 2010 for $525,000 (included 2 parking spaces)
- Sold in October 2013 for $560,000 (included 2 parking spaces)
- Currently listed for $895,000 (plus $40,000 for 1 parking space)
- Assessments of $996 a month (includes heat, a/c, doorman, cable, Internet, exercise room, outdoor pool, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger and snow removal)
- Taxes of $9689
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 11×10 (main floor)
- Bedroom #2: 13×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 13×10 (second floor)