This 4-bedroom 2-story penthouse at 8 W. Monroe in the Loop came on the market in May 2016.
It appears to be a loft on the main level, with high ceilings.
The building is a former office building that was converted during the housing boom last decade.
It has north, south and east facing views.
There are two kitchens, including a kitchenette on the second level (don’t be confused by the pictures and think “that’s the kitchen???” when you see the smaller one.)
The smaller kitchen has maple cabinets and stainless steel appliances.
The larger, main kitchen has dark cabinets and stainless steel appliances.
There’s a balcony and a large private terrace with city and lake views.
The unit has central air, a laundry room with side-by-side washer/dryer and 1-car parking.
The listing says it’s 5000 square feet and can be customized.
It sold in 2010 for $777,500 and is now listed for $2.55 million.
Will it get the premium for a location that isn’t on Grant Park or Millennium Park?
Anne Fan at Jameson Sotheby’s has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #2100: 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, duplex, 5000 square feet
- Sold in July 2010 for $777,500
- Currently listed for $2.55 million (includes 1-car garage parking)
- Assessments of $2277 a month (includes heat, a/c, gas, doorman, exercise room, exterior maintenance and scavenger)
- Taxes of $14199
- Central Air
- Side-by-side washer/dryer
- Bedroom #1: 20×21 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 11×15 (main floor)
- Bedroom #3: 11×15 (main floor)
- Bedroom #4: 11×15 (main floor)
- Family room: 33×21 (second floor)