A couple of years ago a few of you wrote me wondering about this 1-bedroom cottage at 2151 N. Magnolia in West Lincoln Park.
Back in June 2010, it had come on the market at $905,000 but was quickly reduced to $829,000.
It never sold and was withdrawn in July 2011 listed at $829,000.
Built in 1886 on a standard Chicago lot measuring 25×125, the house is just 1425 square feet.
It lists the one bedroom as being on the main floor and measuring 20×5. But there’s also a second story loft (which appears to be being used as a bedroom according to the listing pictures).
The listing says the cottage has been “rehabbed.”
It doesn’t have a garage, but one can be built.
But the house is really being marketed as a teardown as the listing says you can “build your dream house” and that the “opportunity is incredible.”
It is in the Oscar Mayer school district.
Obviously, the market is hotter now than in 2010-2011.
The seller is asking for $949,000, or $44,000 more than the highest price it was listed at in 2010.
Will this piece of land sell for nearly a million dollars in this part of Lincoln Park?
Suzanne Gignilliat at Coldwell Banker has the listing. See the pictures here.
2151 N. Magnolia: 1 bedroom, 2 baths, 1425 square feet
- Sold in September 2002 for $785,000
- Originally listed in June 2010 for $905,000
- Reduced in July 2010 to $829,000
- Withdrawn in March 2011 still listed at $829,000
- Currently listed for $949,000
- Taxes of $12042
- Central Air
- No garage- but one could be built
- Bedroom: 20×5 (main level) (typo? Should it be 20×15?)
- Loft: 16×11 (second floor)
We’ve chattered several times about the 5-bedroom single family home at 336 W. Wisconsin in Lincoln Park, also known as “the Fugitive House.”
See our November 2012 chatter here.
It went under contract in August but then came back on the market a few weeks later.
The listing says “Nothing else compares!”
If you recall, it was built in 1981 on a larger than average Chicago lot of 32×126, it has a lot of features you don’t normally find in single family homes including a sauna, an elevator and an indoor pool.
It also has a 3 car garage.
The kitchen has white cabinets and a stainless steel refrigerator.
There are 3 master suites.
The house was withdrawn from the market in December listed at $3.699 million. It has come back on the market listed at the same price.
Remember, last fall it was also available to rent for $17,000 a month.
Will this house find a buyer in 2013?
Margaret Wilczek at Prudential Rubloff still has the listing. See the pictures here.
336 W. Wisconsin: 5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 6129 square feet, 3 car garage
- Sold sometime before 1994 (?)
- Originally listed in June 2011 for $3.95 million
- Was listed in March 2012 at $3.699 million
- Under contract briefly in August 2012
- Was listed in November 2012 at $3.699 million
- Again listed at $3.699 million
- Taxes of $48,774
- Central Air
- Indoor pool
- Bedroom #1: 15×19 (third floor)
- Bedroom #2: 12×22 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 13×16 (second floor)
- Bedroom #4: 13×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #5: 14×18 (fourth floor)
- Family room: 17×20 (main floor)
This 2-bedroom coach house at 3042 N. Wolcott in North Center just came on the market.
It’s a bit unusual for a coach house, however, because it’s not behind a main house.
The listing says it fronts Wolcott on the corner but it doesn’t list how big the lot size is.
The listing also says there is NO association, so you’re on your own for repairs, snow shoveling and all the other stuff.
The house was built in 1896, has central air and 1-car parking- although I haven’t been able to figure out where that is. Is it a garage on the side of the house?
The kitchen has newer cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
The listing has the bedrooms on the main floor but from the slanted ceilings in the pictures, they must both be on the second floor. There is also an unfinished basement.
It has come on the market at $399,000.
Is this a good townhouse alternative?
Melissa Byrns at Jameson Sotheby’s has the listing. See the pictures here.
3042 N. Wolcott Unit #CH: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, no square footage listed
- Sold in March 1992 for $60,000
- Sold in June 1999 for $230,000
- Sold in March 2003 for $349,000
- Sold in September 2005 for $414,000
- Currently listed for $399,000
- Taxes of $6370
- No assessments
- Central Air
- 1-car parking (garage?)
- Bedroom #1: 16×12
- Bedroom #2: 14×10
Page 1 of 44012345...102030...»Last »