This 4-bedroom in the Carl Street Studios at 155 W. Burton in Old Town recently came on the market.
The Carl Street Studios is one of the most unique properties in Old Town.
Originally built as a mansion in the 1880s, it was converted into the “studios” in 1927. There are only 15 units.
Each one is unique with its own lay out.
This is one of the larger units with 5,000 square feet.
It has a dramatic two story stained glass window in the living room.
The unit has carved doors, built-ins and the mosaics that are famous in these units.
The kitchen is designed to fit in with the house with what looks like custom wood cabinets and stainless steel appliances.
It has a private 22×31 roof terrace and a library.
There are also 5 fireplaces.
While it has central air, there is no parking with this complex. The listing says there is 2-car parking a half a block away for $450 a month.
Will the hot market mean a quick sale for this unique property?
Mille Rosenbloom at Baird & Warner has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #7: 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 5000 square feet
- Sold in March 2003 for $1.8 million
- Currently listed for $1.5 million
- Assessments of $3676 a month (includes heat, water)
- Taxes of $28,168
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- No parking- but 2 spots available a half a block away for $450 a month
- 5 fireplaces
- Bedroom #1: 11×19 (main floor)
- Bedroom #2: 13×19 (third floor)
- Bedroom #3: 18×11 (third floor)
- Bedroom #4: 14×18 (third floor)
- Library: 7×26